Friday, August 10, 2012

Yes, I will sing like a crazy woman.

My sister came home with me today to help me pack for my move to the O's. We packed up as much as we could before running out of boxes. Then we went out for dinner. Then we returned to an apartment full of boxes and tubs and nothing much to do except stare at each other or play video games.

When I say "video games", what I actually mean is Wii Fit or Wii Glee Karaoke Revolution. Megan, my oh-so-musical sister, suggested we play a round of Glee Karaoke just for the fun of it. I agreed, not seeing a lot of alternatives to this save for sitting on our computers separately or going to sleep. Also, it's the Year of Yes. What choice did I have?

Twenty minutes later, I was belting out a particularly horrid rendition of Kanye West's "Gold Digger" and throwing down some dance moves that probably should never be "thrown down" again. Ever. Together, we sang our little hearts out (and rapped our little hearts out, but not very well) and had an absolute ball.

Sometimes, it's just about fun. Good, clean fun with your little sister after a physically and emotionally draining day of packing your belongings for the next chapter of your journey. It was, in fact, a lot of fun. I don't know that my neighbors would agree, but...eh...they won't be my neighbors for long. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! You've challenged me to take each day as it comes. I guess because that's all I'm given...one day at a time, one hour, etc.

    So yesterday, I decided to do a fun mom thing and let Josh have some friends over. They went down to the creek (or crick...not sure which is actually the right word) and were B-O-Y-S boys. They collected a BUNCH of mussel shells which they washed out in my bathroom, a couple with live mussels sticking their foot out on my kitchen counter (ewww!), a tiny living snake that accidentally got lost too close to the house, and had a picnic lunch out on the bridge near our house. And I didn't freak out when I had to clean up their stinky, muddy mess they left!

    I thought of you and your year of yes. I tried to say yes to the mess, and it was okay! I made memories that my son and his friends will treasure.

    Thanks for making me think! :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, just so you know...the Comments font is non-"Oh, crap! Where are my readers?" 40-somthing friendly. Say 'Yes!' to 12pt or above, please.

    Sincerely,
    YOUR OLD BLIND FRIEND JULIE

    ReplyDelete